Our history began in 1955, when Grandpa Dimitris decided to move from his village, Agios Mattheos of Corfu, in the city, in order to pursue his business plans. In the village, he had worked in the harvesting of olives, the cultivation of the land and, to some extent, in the olive oil trade. It was thus inevitable that olive oil would become the core of his city business. He opened his first shop in Mantzarou street. Gradually, the company gained a distinguished reputation and developed partnerships with most of the olive oil producers in Corfu. Andriotis moved then to a larger store in the popular market area, creating a ''classic'' meeting point in the trade.
Over the years, hundreds of producers from all parts of Corfu have done business with Andriotis. Small producers with a few containers, larger, with a few barrels and larger yet, with several tons of olive oil. The process always began with gross weighing, followed by the collection of a sample from each container, oximetry and, finally, calculation of the amount to be paid. Always servicing with a smile, with honesty, seriousness, reliability and responsibility, owners and personnel together managed to earn the respect of the producers and become their top choice.
Today, the Andriotis name is synonymous to reliability and quality in the olive oil trade. With reception centers in Corfu and local partners in other parts of the country and abroad, Andriotis distributes Greek olive oil in various European countries.
- 1 Metallic container with a special handle for sample collection from the barrels.
- 2 The word “Buteli” originates in the Venetian dialect and is part of the local tongue.